THE FIRE RISES!!!
The Red Rock Relay is 186.7 miles of beautiful Southern Utah. We started out at the lovely PACE home. They were SO hospitable and so nice! They set an awesome example of how I want to be! Megan's mom made us a delicious carb loading dinner! Spaghetti, bread, and watermelon! Then off to bed we went! We woke up at 5:00 am and hopped in the car and headed to Brain Head. I love race day atmosphere! Everyone is so happy and excited.
Full bellies and headed to bed!
A team of 12 has to conquer the 186.7 miles together. The team is divided up into two vans: The Sun Van and The Snow Van. We were in the Snow Van because we started in the cold and headed to the Sunny Zions National Park.
This is the Slap Bracelet that you pass along to each runner!
Our race start time was at 7:40 am.
This is Lashea, Annalee, and Megan warming up!
Lee starts us off to our long journey!
Taking it like a Champion!
Run the Redrock!
Part of Lee's run was a beautiful ride up the mountain. Her run was beautiful she said. There is a small lake up there with deer! She rode up the mountain and then had to trail run back down.
Everyone's car was decorated so cool. This one was my favorite! They had a little BBQ grill on the top of their car and a sign saying "Now serving..." and then the runners name. They had an 11 year old girl that ran it! She did AWESOME!
This was our car decoration...haha We bought window markers at Walmart and made it quick!
Cass running his first leg!
It was SO pretty!
Cass had the hardest leg out of us all. 3 miles with a very steep incline! He handled it like a man! I forgot to mention...he has a sinus infection...I was his water girl ;)
This is Megan and I being tired for Cass!
Cass passed the Bracelet to me, so I could start my 8.4 mile run!
Cass returning the favor of water boy!
I passed the Bracelet to Jordan who ran his 7.0 mile leg in 50 minutes! INSANE!
Jordan passed to Megan. Megan passed to Lashea. This is Lashea's mom cheering her on! She was so cute!
Cass and Lee doing work. Cass has that Runner stick that is AWESOME! It feels so good! Lee was putting on my first tattoo!
Our first camping area was SUU's p.e. building! and LOOK WHO WE RAN INTO!!!!
Shelbs and Smandy Andy!! It was so nice to see them :)
This is us camping out! We ate PB & J's and drank Chocolate milk! Yum!
Every Leg you accomplish you get a strip on the back of your leg.
Team 1260! YAhoo!! The fire rises!
Lee had a hot run in cedar! like my shadow??
Hahaha Cass's tramp stamp! Oh ya!
My colorful outfit! About to accomplish my 4.6 mile run!
Cass passed the bracelet a special way. :) Umm ya...sweaty....yum?
Megan shared her 20th birthday with us!! She is such a cute girl! Lashea's mom brought us Cookies to celebrate!!! Thanks Mom!!
Camping again in Veyo! We are makin our rounds!
Lee's starting her 3rd leg! Yahoo! Last one! This was at 3a.m.
Lee passing off to Cass! To start his last two legs! We had an injury in the group so Cass ended up running his 5.8 and my 2.7. So he ran 9 miles! Then I got to run the bracelet into the beautiful St. George Town at 4a.m. My last leg was 5.8 miles down SR-18.
Pretty Temple :)
Here's the BEST support crew! ha they supplied us with LOVE and water :)
Cass putting on my last strip! YAY! no more running!! So our Van finished at the Washington Rec Center and we got to sleep for about 3 hours and then headed up to Zions to the finish line!
My total mileage was 19 miles. I was proud! But then..all my battle wounds began to show! The whole top of my toe was a blister. My feet started to bruise from the impact. Then the next day I couldn't even walk! my feet hurt SO bad! We iced and elevated and it wasn't really helping. So I wobbled to class and my Pathophys teacher said that I have Lactic Acid built up in my feet, go home and do moist heat and massage. WABAM!! my feet felt SO much better and now I don't hobble like an old lady anymore! It was quite painful!
Da Da Da Dum! Metal!
Here's the team of 12! YAHOO! We did it! We don't know our time yet...We shall know soon!
Snow Van completed ALL 3 legs!! YAY!!!
Awwhhh....Everyone was exhausted! sleeping on the way home.
YAY for RED ROCK RELAY!
THE FIRE RISES!!!

Holy crap you guys Red Rock my world!! That's sooooo kewl! You are the funniest people EVER!
ReplyDelete